Friday, February 15, 2013

A Yummy Kind of Sloppy


Another lazy day full of sleeping in and taking long walks with the pup.  

Today compliments the Valentines Day agenda especially since all the valentines candy is ½ half…stalk up why you can.  Although, they have all of their Easter stuff up already…a little quick if you ask me.  The bunnies and eggs will be screaming their way to the shelves around you soon enough.

So, I got to use my mom’s food processor, which I didn’t realize would be so easy to chop minutely.  What have I been doing trying to do it myself all this time?!  I was watching chopped and sweet genius when I decided that I was hungry and should make something yummy. 

I went to my go to site: SkinnyTaste.com!  She offers healthier versions of yummy foods.  After having all my ingredients out I decided to get to work.  This recipe was super easy and delicious as always because I don’t think this site has let me down once. 

I decided on sloppy joe even though I don’t know what made me choose this type of food because I usually hate sloppy joe.  But I gave it a try.  Basically you cook your meat; you blend your veggies; you let it simmer with the tomato.

Here are some helpful hints and tricks that I used:
1.     I used turkey instead of beef because turkey is healthier meat; however the beef would make it juicier and more traditional.
2.     Use a food processor to get the veggies super tiny unless you want chucks of veggies.
3.     I used baby carrots and guess about how much would be one actual carrot.
4.     I used Portobello mushrooms because they are my absolute favor.  1 carton of mushrooms allows you to use half of them for this recipe and half of them for something else so have another use for them before they go bad.  I used them with the rest of the pepper and onion as a mixture to add to sandwiches.
5.     I used a yellow pepper but would suggest using an orange because they are my favorite because of their sweetness.  Again, you’ll have leftovers so keep that in mind.

Toast a bun and enjoy all the yummy ingredients at they come together. J This was easy, delicious, and a super quick dinner option.  I froze some of the meat because I am only one person and it filled about 3 larger containers.  It probably will serve you at least 6 times.  Enjoy a sloppy mess of goodness J

No comments:

Post a Comment