Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pizza Pizza


Well, starting off spring break with some grocery shopping and cooking like crazy.  I’m pretty sure I have about 4 or 5 new recipes that I plan on trying out just this week so be prepared.  I mean just look at my grocery list.  On the menu—quinoa pizza bites, another rendition of sesame chicken, and shepherd’s pie along with a 
few others. 

Be prepared for recipe OVERLOAD!

Tonight’s recipe was a delicious end to the day of warmth here in the valley.  It was a good rendition of a pizza but without the crust: quinoa pizza bites.  It’s a great idea for those of you that are either gluten free or trying to eat gluten free/healthier.  I even had my own little helper! 

I have two websites that provide the recipe.  One is “healthier” than the other only because it gives you specifics about calories, proteins, and carbs.  But this recipe allows for a lot of different changes to satisfy anyone’s particular taste.  The best part is that you can break up the amount of quinoa and add different food combinations to each one.

We decided to make normal pepperoni ones for padre and then a red pepper and spinach mix for Madre and I.  They each have their different flavor profiles.  Another combination that I plan on trying next is spinach and tomato or mushroom and Gruyere. 

Some tips to keep in mind for this recipe:
1.     You can make the quinoa before 
      hand and then reheat it  when ready for the pizza bites to save on time.
2.     These bites can be used as pizza 
      bites with sauce or  even  as a 
      edition of a quiche for breakfast depending on the flavor profiles.
3.     Use a non-stick pan as well as spraying the pan with pam to 
      ensure that you can get them 
      out in tact.
4.     Make sure to dice everything up well 
      so that tiny bites allow for each flavor and the food to be distributed evenly.
5.     The garlic is optional.  I forgot to add it to the first batch and they still tasted yummy.
6.     I suggest using Boboli pizza sauce because it’s my favorite with its sweet taste profile. 


Well, enjoy this yummy treat and check out the rest of the recipes that are coming up soon.  You can enjoy your own version of pizza with healthy, delicious bites! J

No comments:

Post a Comment