Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Try & BEET These Treats


DELISH!!!! I’m not a huge beet fan and so I was queasy about trying this recipe.  However, since I’m working on healthier food choices I decided to swap these goodies, beet chips, for regular chips.  

There are some tips to keep 
in mind:
1.     Beets are red….don’t wear white…you’ll get dirty.  HAHAHAH! My hands, cutting board, and everything were covered in 
      beet juice.
2.     Make sure they are all the same size so that they cook long enough.
3.     Make them fresh because you want them crunchy.
4.     I used a spray bottle because I don’t want as much olive oil.  Smart idea that I credit my sis, JP, for coming up with.
5.     I prefer red beets rather than gold.
6.     I would cook them longer than 20 mins because I like the crispy.
7.     It’s not necessary to let them sit if you cook them longer because they will already be crispy.
8.     Leaving them sit without eating them can make them soggy. L

If you’re in the mood for some yummy chips pop these suckers in the oven for a healthier choice.  While you’re cooking something on the stove, you can easily cook these in the oven as a side dish.  That bland beet now becomes a delicious treat! J

No comments:

Post a Comment