Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Asian Mango Slaw


It seems that I’ve been having quite a bit of an Asian experience in these last few blogs.  From the Moo Shu Chicken to this Asian Cabbage Mango Slaw, I’ve been scoring left and right.  No longer will you need those Super Panda grossness with these healthy delicious recipes.  The recipe was inspired by SkinnyTaste.com who hasn’t steered me wrong yet.  (Check out some of the other recipes I’ve tried of hers in previous blogs).

While making this dish, I danced to some Imagine Dragons. J


There are some tips to make sure your nail this Asian slaw:
1.     I used just regular green giant tiny carrots that way the extras could still be used and eaten.  Just be careful when julienning them because they are smaller and your fingers could be in danger.
2.     I used lime juice from a bottle so that I could reuse the juice again for future makes of this dish.
3.     I used the green Napa cabbage because its my absolute favorite.  If you wanted to add some color you could use both green and red cabbage.
4.     I nixed the sesame seeds because they aren’t really necessary in my opinion except for looks.
5.     Unless serving right away and eating the entire portion, keep the dressing and mix separate.  It will keep it from getting soggy and stay longer.
6.     Keeping it separate also allows you to make the dish healthier by using less dressing.

The slaw goes well in a wrap with grilled shrimp or chicken in my case.  Keep the rest of the meal Asian inspired with rice or quinoa for the healthier choice so you’re taste buds don’t go on override.  Try this inspired dish and others from my previous blogs.  I love how these recipes allow you to make your own mark and expand your tastes.  Enjoy this dish pleaser by closing your eyes and pretending you’re overseas.

No comments:

Post a Comment