Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Don't Squash this Soup


Squash is something that I was never really of fan of until now.  This soup brings my love for squash back around.  It is a great fall or winter recipe.  You may be asking why then am I making it now?  But, if you know Flagstaff, then you understand that it is always winter to a Phoenix girl.


The Winter Squash Soup recipe again comes from a WeightWatchers New Complete Cookbook inspiration.  Here are some tips to use with this recipe:
1.     I got a fresh squash and had to cut, peel, and see it myself.  If you want, some grocery stores offer pre-packaged squash by their mushrooms.
2.     I never used olive oil.  Instead, I just used cooking pam spray.  It eliminates excess fats from your diet.
3.     Using turkey bacon is a better substitute to the Canadian bacon listed.
4.     If you don’t have a steamer basket that can be placed stovetop, just use the microwave and a little bit of water.  This step is only to soften the squash without burning it.
5.     Make sure to food process all the ingredients well or else you’ll have a chunky, uneven soup.

The soup freezes really well so make it now and save it for later.  Pull it out on those cold, windy days to enjoy a piece of warm heaven.  Hopefully, this soup will transform you into a squash lover too!

No comments:

Post a Comment