Thursday, May 31, 2012

Getting Lost in Paradise


People say the best things are always found when you don't look for them.....
today started right after our plane got out....we hopped in a taxi, met at our hotel, dropped off our bags, and immediately hit to the streets of Madrid.....





We took to the streets a ways and then headed back just getting a bearings for the city...then we broke off into groups...booked a flamenco show for tomorrow at 11pm and walked to a few plazas checking out the local scenery...we happened to stumble upon the Catedral de la Almudena and it looked stunning...tall white cinder blocks and dome spirals right in the middle of this buzzing city....we crossed a bridge and just dodged in and out of cubby areas looking for a restaurant that was recommended by someone Ivy had previously met....








.....right when we thought we were lost we found it...plopped down on our butts and order our meal...Sangria, Potato salad, Squid with rice (YUM!!!), and coffee for dessert (someone has to keep me awake from this jet lag long enough to bounce me into Spain time)....it was such a great time just sitting there with the slight breeze blowing and seeing people walk back and forth and hear the birds chirping in the trees....it was fantastic to see so many dogs walking by (off the leash) and see everyone just greet them with a smile it made me miss my noodle brain and fatty patty back home :D

After some food to digest we took to a hill and laid in the grass chatting and relaxing....it was so peaceful in this little nook we found...after a bit we headed back up the roads we came and stopped at a market to grab some supplies for later....Ivy got wine; Reina got water; I got cherries.....Now we put our feet up, get on our computers for some quick updates (who can live without facebook anymore), and chill for a bit while everyone catches up on the day....we still have another 4 hours of fun ahead...dinner and tapas with drinks await us
  
We concluded our experiences today by trying Hookah...we went to a Hookah bar ordered the apple flavor and gave it a go...it was pretty interesting to say the least...it was an experience that I got in Spain, but I don't think I'll be trying it again anytime soon...I'm not the best one to attempt it, but another check can be crossed off my list....As my mother says, "When in Spain, do as the Spaniards do."


Thus concludes the activities of my first day in Spain...now squeaky clean from my shower and laying in bed about to pass out from a day full of go-go-go


….the wind was blowing slightly today in a nice guiding breeze…crashing into my pillow now and resting my swollen phalanges and piggies J

1 comment:

  1. So, the one time you listen to me is to do Hookah??? I wish Ivy had taken a video (you know everyone that knows you is going to agree-a true "bugism" for sure). I'm glad you had such a wonderful first day. The food looks interesting....not sure I'd be adventerous as you-then again-"When in Spain, do as the Spaniards do!".....Love and Miss you....and puppies say let's all move to Spain-no leashes! I bet we could even convince JP and her furry crew! Love, and Wiggles, Waggles, and Licks!

    ReplyDelete