Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Tuna Cakes



Now this meal is a cake…literally.  These skinny tuna cakes are extremely delicious and easy to make.  Within a quick 10 minutes, you have a yummy, healthy cake.  The best way to eat them is fresh.  Since they are quick to make, wait until you are about to eat to make these cakes.  Another reason to buy the two 5oz cans versus just one 
10oz can.

Here are some helpful tips to keep in mind when attempting this recipe:
1.     FRESH! FRESH! FRESH! Tuna is something that can not last long anyways, so leftovers need to be eaten relatively quickly.
2.     I did not have bay seasoning, so just use a seasoning of your own mix.  I suggest salt, pepper, onion, garlic, and a little paprika (my favorite!). 
3.     I didn’t have panko breadcrumb, so I used an Italian bread crumb mix.  It made up for my lack of seasoning previously.
4.     I nixed the mayo.  It makes the dish healthier and the mayo is not necessary because the cakes themselves are 
      moist already.
5.     Make sure that the cakes are as thin 
      as possible without breaking it because then it can cook through more easily.
6.     Cook the cakes on low heat so that they cook all the way through.
7.     The cakes are tiny and only serve 2 
     people (2 each).  Keep that in mind when cooking for others and their appetite.

For a yummy, protein-packed meal try these tasty cakes.  I made this dish as a sandwich.  Use cabbage as a bun and a little of my asian mango slaw or some cooked peppers and you have a delicious easy meal in less than 10 minutes.  Try any type of fish, like salmon and roasted red peppers, for your attempt.

Leave a comment below to let me know how you like this recipe and some tips of your own.  Check back next Wednesday for some more delicious meals! J

No comments:

Post a Comment