Sunday, January 20, 2013

BONE APPÉTIT


Happy Birthday Macaroni…2 years already have flown by since this fur ball entered into my life and boy has it been the BEST 2 years.  The smootches, snuggles, licks, and fur…I’ll take it all!!!! 





So in honor of my Noodle’s birthday today, I've decided to make it extra special with a batch of homemade treats J

Oh, and since my birthday is right around the corner, I got to use my new Kitchen Aid Mixer for the first time!!! I know most 21 year-olds ask for a mixer…mine just happens to be special and used for food instead of drinks.  Hahahaha J


Let’s start with the list of events I had planned to celebrate the big day.  First, we slept in because everyone loves sleep…right?! But of course I cannot forget the morning puppy snuggles when Roni was ready for breakfast.  I think he literally pushed me off the bed as a sign of “Time to get up!”  Then, we went to Petsmart and used a gift card and birthday money to buy some Kong treats and new booties so his paws don’t get dirty in the snow.  Best part—we stopped at Burger King and got a small cone that he pretty much engulfed in one bite (hope he didn't get too much of a brain freeze).  We took a long walk which included stopping by a nearby school playground so he could run wild and free, a given.

We settled in for the night with some extra laser pointer time, naps, and of course these delicious cookies.  Here are some of my thoughts about them:
  1. They are super easy to make and don’t require a whole lot of effort which surprised me.
  2. About 15 minutes in the oven should do no matter what they look like.  I kept mine in a little too long; hope Roni enjoys a crunch ;P
  3. I halved the recipe and used a glass jar to make my cut outs, but I found you could roll them into balls yourself and then flatter them to a desired shape.
  4. Go ahead and mix all the ingredients together because it doesn't make a difference if you whisk one before adding the rest and it save some time.
  5. Also, it makes your house smell like peanut butter heaven!!!!
  6. I tried one, yes I TRIED ONE J, and they really don’t taste like a whole lot to us, but Roni gobbled his down so apparently I did well.
 
Well all you fur lovers and food eaters, enjoy this lovely recipe and bite out of the weekend.  Feel free to change the recipe a little, but beware that the ingredients are dog friendly, unless you feel like making these for yourself.  Then, go all out! BONE APPÉTIT!

1 comment:

  1. you are the best mommy ever, sharpie said his birthday is in nov. lick lick !

    ReplyDelete