Saturday, January 26, 2013

CupCaits


Well today is a wonderful day even with the rain that poured for most of the morning and afternoon.  Waking up at 6 am this morning for something other than work was a bust though…hahah J

Our motto for today?! àRain or Shine…we’ll have a Good Time.  We completed our first of many to follow Color Runs in Tempe today.  Of course, since my birthday is right around the corner, my mom had me decked out in some pretty outrageous outfits.  But that is the code of the color run, the crazier the better.  We parked about an .8th of a mile away from the start line.  By this time, it was already STILL raining so we were cold and ready to start our color explosion adventure.  We got to the start line right as they set us off which was nice because then we didn’t have to wait for everyone.


We had fun as the rain continued to pour and the color continued to run.  We were making water colors with our painted shirts hahaha…We were completely colored from head to toe and at a couple points along the way there was ankle deep puddles we had to trudge through.  We got splashed with pink, yellow, orange, and blue.  Some were more excited to color you than others.  My birthday hat and sash gave me away as a major hit bomb, so I came out really colorful.

Now, after all our showers and shampoos to clean ourselves off so we didn’t look like explosive crayons, I decided to try a new cupcake recipe for my birthday.  This yummy choice was Hummingbird cake with a cream cheese frosting.  Check out the rest of this website for tons of other yummy recipes that I plan on trying sooner or later.  I know my mom is a happy camper getting to try all these cupcakes.

Here are a few suggestions for those of you wanting to replicate this recipe:

  1. This cake is good enough on it’s own so the icing can be optional.
  2. I substituted apple sauce for the oil like always which makes a healthier cupcake.
  3. For the icing, I used Greek yogurt just make sure you use Chiobani because it is the thickest in replacement to sour cream or you’ll end up with runny icing.
  4. Stick the icing in the refrigerator if you feel that it is too runny because it will become thicker after a while.
  5. I used canned pineapple, but fresh pineapple would make a healthier and fresher taste.
  6. You can replace the nut butter with regular peanut butter.
  7. I made more than 14 cupcakes because I didn’t fill them as deep (about ½ full)
  8. Refrigerate them after making them to keep them from sticking to the paper and because they include pineapple and bananas.
  9. Microwaving the bananas works perfectly, but they only need to be in there about 45 seconds.  Let them cool before adding them to the batter, but mash them well to prevent clumps.

Now, go enjoy the rain, color, food, and adult beverages because you deserve it.  Celebrate my birthday, but putting your feet up and relaxing, as I plan to do all day tomorrow.  Be ready for a duck recipe that I plan to make tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment