Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mugshot Cookie

A chocolate chip cookie in a mug?! Someone should call the police because we have found heaven.  Tonight my sweet tooth was craving something yummy, but I didn't want to have to make a whole box of brownies because we all know they would be devoured and then…well we can all guess (lots of workouts).  However, after a morning run and some fun yoga today to start my morning off right (although I’ll be sore tomorrow J) I decided to allow myself the reward.

So, I was so excited to have found a single serving sweet that could be easily made.  I was super nervous that it would taste funny or not work as easily as it sounded.  But, to my amazement, it works just like the recipe calls for.  It’s the perfect amount to satisfy that sweet tooth without all the guilt and the fact that it takes literally 3 minutes MAX is the best yet.
Just keep in mind:
  1. I used about half of the butter it required which didn't really make that much of a difference.
  2. I left out the chocolate chips because I didn't have them, but it still works and makes a sort of sugar cookie.
  3. The total amount is more like two cookies rather than 1 if you are strict like me and follow the serving size when making regular cookies.
  4. You can replace the flour with gluten free flour based on dietary needs.
  5. If you use Truvia, then halve the amount of white sugar to ½ a tbsp.
It’s fast; it’s easy; it’s yummy.  You have the flexibility of making all kinds of cookies and treats based on the type of cookie you like.  If you take a look at the recipe on the website you can find more yummy types of mug sweets that are easy to make.  Have fun and don’t go too overboard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment