Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2 Day Week


Well I woke up this morning and realized my hair had ballooned out over night…like I couldn’t tell already that it was humid :P  Then, I got dressed, tried to tame my lion mane, ate breakfast (mango activia with pistachios), and grabbed my bag heading out the door.  It was going to be a hot day since the air was already starting to fry my back a little more than I would have liked on the 730am walk to school.  Once I got to school, I turned on my computer, chatted my morning chat with Madre, uploaded some late blogs, uploaded some pictures, and headed into class.

Class today was brutal.  It was all I could do to keep my eyes open as we were lectured at for a total 4 hours L  Our ethnic class was first and it was more dates and acts about history than I would have liked to have listened to.  It was a constant struggle to keep all the information in as I was being swallowed especially since history is one of my most UNfavorite subjects.  Then, we turned to social work where we got back our first book report and I was less than please to see that my next report would have to be re-edited to a better standard…good thing Ivy was willing to help me out and that I had typed it rather than wrote it.  But again, class was intense to get through and all I wanted to do was shut down and tune it all out.  My little brain can only hold so much history and acts in one day L

But the day got better once we were let out and I could escape class.  I grabbed lunch at the sandwich shop next door (vegetarian with asparagus, red peppers, lettuce, mushrooms, tomato spread, and some other veggies).  It was pretty good and hit the spot…the best part being that I have lunch again tomorrow since everything in Spain is like Texas (bigger hahah J)  I got back to the apartment and cooled off while doing a little bit more homework and revising all my stuff so that I could feel a little bit better about handing it in.  Afterwards, I went to the supermarket with Sam to grab some last minute groceries since the festival and Independence Day on Monday has everything closing for the holiday.  I also needed to grab a flash drive because my decided to crap out on me yesterday…technology seriously hates me.

I came back and chilled for a little bit before eating dinner (macaroni and cheese from last night J) and talked to Madre on the phone.  I loved seeing the videos she had posted on my wall of the puppies (running the house) playing and swimming and playing and the cupcake pictures although I wish I had some Sprinkles cupcakes right about now…it all made my morning enjoyable.  Then, I packed my school bag calling it a done deal with the attempted homework and headed out for Sand Bar with Sam.  I’m gonna miss walking down to the beach (2 min walk) and just relaxing, watching the sun set over the ocean.  It is quite peaceful and probably the thing I will miss most J

Windy, windy, windy! It was one hot, gusty day.  Hopefully the wind decides to cool off tomorrow.  I have one presentation to get done and then all I have left is my presentation on Tuesday before I am done with all my classes.  It is crazy how fast time is passing by, but tomorrow will be the most enjoyable because we plan to take the Valor tour (a Spanish chocolate company that is supposed to be some of the best chocolate…the best part being you get all the free chocolate you can eat at the end of the tour…well you can guess what my dinner will be tomorrow J).  Off to bed and the last early morning for the rest of the week tomorrow.

1 comment: