Thursday, June 28, 2012

Just Another Day in Sunshine


MERP! MERP! MERP!  Well when that alarm clock went off at 645am this morning I did not want to get up.  I half asleep pushed myself out of bed, got dressed, ate breakfast (the last of my variously flavored activia yogurt L) and headed out the door.  Today, I headed in the opposite direction and caught the tram over to the school.  I think it was an even pay off because I had to wake up earlier, but I didn’t have to walk as far.  I think I’d rather take the walking route, but I did pay for the tram stops….so I’m darn tooting gonna use them :P

When I got to my stop, I got off and took the street straight to the university, about a 5 minute walk.  I plopped down and began chatting and catching up on the gossip from the day before.  Not having internet at your convenience has been nice and a pain all in one.  But, it’s always the best when you don’t get overloaded on facebook or other so it’s peaceful.  Classes were a blur as I half paid attention like everyone else from sleep deprivation and they passed slowly.  But the great news is I’M DONE!!!!!!!! J oh it feels so good to be done with two classes and have known that I completed them not only in 4 weeks, but in SPAIN!!!!  It’s bitter sweet.  No homework, but it’s a reminder that we are slowly coming to a close in the Spain chapter L although I can say that I’m slowly coming to be okay with coming home hahaha I miss my little noodle boy and his crazy antics (I might even miss fatty patty Zoe)  However, I’ll miss the 2 minute walk to the beach and reading in the sand while tanning for 45 minutes everyday.  I’ll miss the mom and pop stores and restaurants that have delicious food and great characters for waiters.  Ergo, I’m gonna live up the next few days to their full expense (bring on the pounds hahahah J)

Once class was let out, I got back to the apartment and ate lunch (leftover pizza…see even in Spain I have to suffer through delicious leftovers J) and relaxed for a bit.  Then, I lay out at the beach and met Sam on the sand for some sun tanning.  We lay out for an hour before coming home and jumping in the shower.  It was nice out with just enough breeze to keep you cool but strong sun to keep you baking.  The water was just as inviting with a warm current and clear waters.  I went in today and cooled off intermittently at 20 minute intervals.  After tanning, we came back and took a shower.  Showering was pointless because as soon as I got out I was swelter and Sam and I fought over sitting in front of the fan in the living room…hahah…we took out time changing between blow drying, getting dressed, and fanning off.  Once I was ready, I made dinner (pasta with tomato sauce and steamed cauliflower)  Our plan of action was to take the metro over to the hotel with one of the highest views of the city and get a drink.  We managed to get on the tram, walk to the building, and realize that this wasn’t the hotel.  So we walked over to where the hotel really was and headed to the restaurant which was not only empty but you could only get dinner not a just a drink.  Considering all of us had already eaten we left empty handed and photo less.  I decided that Saturday, our last day, I’m going there for dinner and to enjoy the views in a last hurrah for myself J  On the way back, Sam and Kat took to the barrio for a drink and I decided to go back and clean off considering the sweat from humidity had been piling on and I was practically drenched L ewwww L
 
Not long after, Sam came back and we chatted, played Rummy—which I just learned and is pretty fun—and watched the Spain versus Portugal football game.  At 1130pm, we left our apartment and headed down to the beach to watch the fireworks.  We brought our towels and sat in the sand front and center to watch the display take place.  Every night a different company puts off the display so that each night is unique.  Again, the nights just keep getting better…that or I’m just a firework junkie (could be both J)  We watched the display and then headed back to the apartment ready to pass out from being tired.  Tomorrow we have a late start at 1130am, so I can sleep in and catch up on my needed sleep. 

With no breeze, hot sun, and high humidity today was not a day for the fainthearted.  It was our last day of actual lecture so classes are over.  Tomorrow we are meeting just to go over last minute information about when we leave L  So, goodnight or good morning depending on what time zone YOU are in.  Hopefully you’re day was a little more enjoyable than mine or more eventful I should say because how can you beat the beach in Spain…it’s just another day I enjoy in sunshine J J J

No comments:

Post a Comment