Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Night of Dancing


I woke up earlier and hit the snooze button on my alarm not wanting to yet get up…then an hour later my body shot up and was like “HELLO WORLD!”…I ate breakfast and read for a bit before hitting the beach one last time this week before leaving for Granada…I laid on the beach for an hour with this magnificent hottie of a Spaniard in front of me flaunting his perfectly chiseled abs and short shorts in front of me…I don’t think I could have wiped the drool off quick enough…a peaced it out before he could see me constantly staring hahah…

I came home to get dressed, make sure all my things were packed, made my lunch to bring with, and hit the tram ready to be on the road…we left later in the afternoon during my usual siesta because some of the people had classes….Since we got there early, we ordered water and sat on the patio of the nearby restaurant just relaxing before getting on the bus…once the bus was here I high-taled it to the seat I wanted so I had enough room to get comfy for our long ride to Granada
 
When driving to Granada, it was like driving to flagstaff from Phoenix…such a change in terrain…it went from being flat and arid to being mountainous and lots of trees with greenery…The mountains were massive and right outside your window…I mean Granada is such a place beyond words that I could see myself actually living here more than anywhere I have been so far…its indescribable so I will try to give you pictures but even they don’t give 
it justice….

Once we got to Granada we slowly made our way to the Hotel (which is sooo nice with free wifi, good food, and air conditioning J)…the streets are small and narrow so the busses have a hard time making their way around especially with all the cars parallel parked….but we got to our room freshened up and made our way down to dinner…it was set up in a serve yourself buffet style which meant you could be a pig and try all you wanted…I had to contain myself J

After dinner we packed into the bus and took off up to see the Flamenco show….it is up on top of the hill hidden on the mountain…they actually live in houses that are built into the caves of the mountain which stay the same temperature all year long, but that also means they control the traffic flow because they have very narrow streets (that is an understatement)…the streets were so narrow that many of the times in the bus I could put my pinky against the walls on either side of me and if felt like the walls were caving in…but I give props to the bus driver for not sweating a bit and the taxi that had to drive a mile in front of us BACKWARDS because only one of us could fit….it was insane experience, but I wouldn’t do it again I was having a massive panic attack hahah J

The flamenco show was amazing…from up top on the hill we had a full view of Granada at night and we could see the Alhambra lit up at night…the show was about 2+ hours of pure entertainment…they never cease to amaze me at the talent they have…I hope to upload some videos on facebook as soon as I can, but I’ll let you know…they even pulled us up on stage and I got to dance with them which was so much fun and they were so engaging…they were amazing.  I don’t know how they can isolate one part of their body so well and move so quickly…Lastly, we took a short tour of the area which Ivy and I will be going back to tomorrow to watch the sun set and take some pictures…it seems that every part of Granada is so beautiful in it’s own way more so than any other areas…

By the time we were done, I was dragging and it was 2 AM!!!!!....the bus ride home was quick and I jumped in the shower and hopped in bed not wanting the morning to come too quickly….
  
The wind won’t be blowing much anymore…since we are inland the breeze isn’t has much making it hotter…I guess I’ll have to create one someone (walk fast!)…goodnight
P.S. this is my new theme song for this trip--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_dJTUtivRg  J

1 comment:

  1. Your theme song is spot on....except the weird guy with no shirt and the "red solo cups" .... lol! Pups say wiggles, waggles, and licks. I say I love you so very much! <3

    ReplyDelete