Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Readin' and Relaxin'


Well we start again with a bright and sunny morning…I quickly dressed and ate breakfast before heading out over to the Universidad before the rest of the clan…I got to the college sat down and turned on my computer crossing my fingers for the internet…YAY! I got on facebook, posted a few blogs, talked to the most important person (Madre) all before 9am this morning J then classes started and boy 5 hours of sitting in the same room was pretty brutal but the classes are fun as we all discuss and talk about different ideas and the professors make it easy to understand the topic at hand…

The first class is just as it seems all about ethnic understandings and how we think of it socially and racially…the hardest part was trying to describe what race actually was…we did a group activity that showed it’s a more complex idea than we originally thought…

The second class was all about social work and we went over the different principles and philosophies that they stick to in their profession which was interesting to compare and contrast my major, Public Relations, and minor, communication studies, with the ideas of social workers…we then had to talk about values, behaviors, and judgments that we honor the most and of course my was open communication because my family and I are super close and we discuss everything without a problem so my behavior was honesty and my judgment was that families that don’t do these habits can be neglectful or abusive because it seems almost as if they don’t care and what not….but we talked about them all and it was pretty interesting…between class breaks I stopped downstairs and got a chocolate con leche which is simply a hot chocolate but it was DELICIOUS!!!

Then I walked home and took in the coastal views…there is a heat haze hovering over the city and waters beyond and it is windier than usual so that water is rather rough and wavy…there might be a storm a comin’

….next I ate lunch (leftovers again…boy did I get my money’s worth out of that pasta…with water, activia, and pistachios)…I folded some laundry that had been hanging out to dry and then sat down to take a little break and watched the Tour de France on tv which made me remember the last time I was here and was just about getting ready to head over to Reims to see our part of the race (it made me smile and think of Jp and the older Dutch gentleman that we had met that knew we were sisters by our feet J)…I did some homework reading and journal writing so that I wouldn’t have to stress this weekend with the workload (excited that our class tomorrow consists of taking a tram to San Juan Beach and laying out soaking the sun…who could ever have known that my summer would be me on the beach in Spain taking a class for a month?!...I guess the travel bug got me J)

We all went out for a night on the town around 9:30/10pm…we stopped for tapas and then went to a couple places of Kat (our professor’s daughter) suggested….it was so nice to be with the group and get to know everyone as they left loose…to end our night some of our group went skinny dipping in the ocean (I just watched from the sand)…it was a night of nights and a fun time….going to bed quickly because tomorrow is going to be an early morning…

The wind is blowing lightly and we’re taking the draft all the way to San Juan beach J

1 comment:

  1. Awe....you just made my morning! I love you, Bug! Keep enjoying your adventure..... It was great fbing with you and cannot wait to skype this weekend and see your smiling face! Love, Lick, Wiggles, and Waggles!

    ReplyDelete