Friday, June 15, 2012

The Eurocup Night


I got a good amount of sleep last night so when my alarm went off I was ready to rock and roll…I got dressed, ate breakfast (mango activia and some pistachios), grabbed my lunch (orange, cherries, and a ham & cheese sandwich), got my backpack and headed out the door

It was cool this morning which made my walk along the beach that much more enjoyable but I was also thinking to myself “OMG! I’ll be gone soon!” Oh how time flies when you are enjoying paradise and the routine you get into…I don’t know what I will do when I have to leave…going to the beach and reading after class has been so enjoyable and walking along the coast hearing the crashing of waves calms me down in the morning as the sun is rising over the mountains and taller buildings…

I got to school and facebooked my mom to give her a little update on my day to day activities…also the internet at the school is free so it’s less time I have to find time to go to the café and pay for a cup of café con leche of chocolate con leche which I splurge on once a week so that we can skype J

At 9 the classes started…we turned in our first paper in our social work class and discussed the book that we had to read in order to write it…our opinions on how he handled the case and our ideas about how we would have done things and how the cases impacted us…we got a half hour usual break in between classes and then we discussed unemployment in Spain during a presentation by classmates and various factors that make the class systems work in Spain….

Once class was over, I headed home eager to grab my suit and hit the beach…I laid along the beach for an hour flipping to each side on the half hour san sunscreen so that I could soak up my rays…While listening to mindless chatter and the waves crashing in the background, I read the book for class trying not to fall asleep…I then came back to the apartment, made my dinner early to eat later, hung my clothes that I had washed to dry, and grabbed my book to continue reading on the sofa…my eyes were just starting to close as my stomach began to grumble, so I ate my pre-made dinner (pasta with spinach and sauce and an orange on the side with a glass of water) and continued reading until it was time to head down to the Barrio to watch football (Spain versus Ireland)

We sat down but not for long….most everyone was drunker than a skunk and that not being my scene I didn’t stay long to watch the game….but I did watch some back at the apartment and I know that Spain won so that’s all that matter right…plus I gave it a shot with hanging out later with everyone…So I went back showered, packed, and went to bed….

With the air cooling off I can bet it’ll be a windy day tomorrow….that’ll make for a faster bus ride to Granada in the morning then J

1 comment: