Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Beginning of the End


Well…waking up this morning was pretty brutal.  I didn’t want to make myself get up, but getting class over meant that I was free after today because all of my assignments and presentations are done…now, it rests in the hands of the teachers (fingers crossed)  I got up and got dressed in my new outfit J  I ate breakfast (peach activia) and packed my bags, then headed out the door to school.  Once at school, I updated my blog which was in desperate need of attention since my lack of internet over the weekend.  I chatted with Madre giving her the update from Spain and how her future morning would look J hahahah J

Class started and I finished my presentation in the Social Work 450.  Glad to have it off my chest, I ran to get my paper for my next class printed during our break.  Once the next group had gone and we had gotten some notes we got our half hour break.  In that time, I thought I would be an over achiever and run to the Museo de Fogueres to grab a poster of the festival.  I underestimate the distance and ended up running part of the way.  I looked like a man women sweating and running trying to keep my jumpsuit outfit top from falling off.  It was a continuous pattern of two step run-yank up my top.  I did make it to the museo where I ran to the back to be disappointed to the lack of posters.  Luckily the woman who was working in the front was taking one down and I was there to ask her for it.  She took her good old time taking it down which meant that on the way back my process of running back was even fast and even funnier.  I’m pretty sure that I got some weird looks, but whatever right? because I got a POSTER YAY!!!! J  After running back to class, I threw myself into my chair and pumped my arm ridiculously to get air moving and cool me down with my hand fan.



Finally, class was dismissed.  I headed back home with Sam and we headed to the pizzeria down the street for the menu del dia.  I ordered the first course of a tuna salad that was very delicious.  The second course was a massive veggie pizza that I ended up taking some home.  It was super yummy with grilled zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, and celery (all of which were yummy considering I don’t usually like them J)  Then, I had vanilla ice cream for dessert.  After such a good meal, we headed back to our apartment around the corner and I took a little siesta.  I read my book (which I finished and now I’m drooling for more) and watched some Big Bang Theory which always makes me laugh.  Once Sam got back from the beach we headed to Al Campo, the grocery store, for some last minute groceries to help us survive for the next few days.

Later, I went to the café and ordered a chocolate caliente….it was Muy BIEN!!!!! And I cannot believe I waited this long to try it.  Unlike hot chocolate in the US, it is thicker and creamier (I don’t  know why) but it is so much yummier.  I watched the sunset over the mountains while chatting with my mom and enjoyed the evening air that is much cooler than it is during the afternoon thank goodness.  After my chat, I headed back home and watched yet another display of amazing fireworks take over the sky at midnight.  While waiting for the display, Sam and I played 500 Gin Rumi and I kicked her butt J  We played one game and drank some wine before the loudest of booms went off.  The Spanish must had heard me commenting on their display yesterday and wanted to show off once again.  This display was louder and the fireworks were bigger.  From our balcony, it looks as if I am watching a 3D movie and the fireworks are coming right at me.  It’s an experience, like many other I’ve had here, that you have to see to understand. After the display, I headed to bed and snuggled in before having to wake up again early tomorrow morning. 
The breeze is calm; the sun is down; the days are flying by.  It is the beginning of another week, but the end of our trip is coming closer.  I’m going to miss Alicante and my Spanish adventures.  The good and the bad it has been an amazing trip.  Hopefully the wind brings more adventures tomorrow as shopping, drinks at the hotel, and fireworks on the beach call my name.  Goodnight until the sun rises in the morning J

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure if I want to be there to watch you run in your new adorable very European outfit or to have some of that yummy looking food you posted. One thing I know for sure, when we play banana grams I guess wine will now be part of the plan??? LOL....the fireworks look spectacular! Well, as of now classes are finished, so time to enjoy Alicante's hidden treasures for a few more days. I know two furballs and some parentals that are counting down the hours (not days now). Enjoy (which it seems to be you are doing quite well). Love and wiggles, waggles, and slobbery licks! : )

    ReplyDelete