Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Card Eating Machine :O


I woke up this morning again early to get dressed, grab my packed lunch, eat breakfast, and head out the door to get to the college right as the doors were opening and chat with my momma J…I added some photos and got a little bit of home chatting in before my day of school started…


At nine I headed to the classroom for another round of social work and ethnic diversity classes which are slowly becoming more interesting…I mostly like the fact that they are discussion based classes and with only 10 other students we each get to participate in conversations and discussion…ergo, you can get a sense of everyone’s personal opinions on the subjects….today went a little slower than yesterday, so I can just imagine tomorrow will be pretty brutal, but then again we only have two more days of classes left…although we have a lot of work due in the next few weeks so the pimples are piling on as the stress of time management between paradise and schoolwork is mounting on me…I’m making strides though and planning things out so that I can finish in a timely manner (just so my mom doesn’t have to worry J)

After classes were let out I met with my group for one class to go over briefly how we were going to present…we chatted over lunch although my cheep, healthy butt packed a sandwich made with cheese, spinach, and chicken slices and a peach with a side of farmer-fresh baby strawberries YUM!...we developed our strategy and then stopped as they got ice cream (so healthy) and then Shane decided to withdraw money…

NOW…note to self…if the machine does not say telebanco on it don’t use it…he tried to withdraw money from the Caja Madrid back…what ended up happening was it took his card and since he doesn’t bank there it wouldn’t let him take money out or reclaim his card…YIKES…so short story we had to wait an hour to talk to someone on the phone (in English), have a nearby person help us, and a worker come out and explain that he would have to wait until tomorrow morning since the back was closed to reclaim his card…he has to go tomorrow in the morning with passport in hand and hopefully they give the card back, if not they send it back to the States and he is in a serious problem…I guess unlike American banks…if the card doesn’t work it 1. will take your card anyways and your SOL and 2. they don’t care that you cant get your card out…you have to come back when the bank opens and hope that you can get it back…lesson learned!

After our exciting little fiasco I headed up to the apartment to get some homework written out (by hand!!!!...we’re going old school here)…once I had written my paper I packed my bags, loaded on the sunscreen, and hit the beach to read my book along the ocean breeze…I decided since I only had to read and I won’t be here this weekend that I should soak up as much sun as possible so I don’t get too pale…my goal is to be a toasted marshmallow when I return home J I mean hey you have to be able to tell I was at the beach right? And anyways the water was crystal blue for miles (cold) but beautiful nonetheless and the breeze along the shore kept you from dying while laying out and the skyline was clear as day with no haze in the sky…my kind of Arizona day right pardre (how many clouds are in the sky?!....ZERO!)
After a couple hours, I came back to get a shower, do some more homework, eat my leftover paella for dinner (just as good as it was yesterday) and fall asleep with my book in hand ready to wake up for another busy day tomorrow…


With the breeze slowly blowing and the waves crashing in the background, I plan on reading again tomorrow on my little piece of heaven…for now it’s tucking into bed and giving my brain a rest…if I fill it with any more work and knowledge tonight it might explode!...Hasta luego la playa!

1 comment:

  1. Silly Bug, don't you know Mom's worry no matter what?! I am glad that you are getting your work done first.... I think I want to go to school and do my assignments on the beach! And, your beach does look like a little slice of Heaven! Try not to get too burnt....Xs and Os by the zillions!

    ReplyDelete