Saturday, June 30, 2012

Last Night in Alicante

 


Today, I got to sleep in.  I had slept through part of the fireworks last night and then fallen fast asleep afterwards.  At 845 this morning, I woke up and realized how late I had slept.  I grabbed my computer, threw a couple of things into my suitcase that I wouldn’t need, and ate breakfast (activia with fiber J)  I walked to the café and sat down inside since I could tell it was going to be a hot day.  It was already warm outside.  I ordered a coffee—my last one while here L…it was so strong it gave me the shakes for the next hour and a half—and talked to Madre, talked to some friends, and posted pictures and blogs.  I caught up on the important information before being shipped back home L


I headed back to the apartment and waited for our expection.  Cynthia came later than expected and told us everything was A-OKAY!  Once done, we all dispersed.  We split up and headed to the internet café and I headed to the beach to soak up the last bit of sunshine and beach air.  The waves crashing, the people sunbathing, and the sand beneath my toes were all memories that I will have to absorb all I can today before leaving.  The beach within walking distance has been so great and I will miss it.  So, my hour on the beach of flip and dip (every so long you get in the water and then flip sides)  Hopefully, I got all the sun I could and darkened up a bit before being shunned from the sun in Flagstaff hahah J

After my hour of sunshine and sand, I came back to the apartment and slowly got around.  I took a shower, blow dried my hair, and got dressed with breaks of sitting by the fan because it was super hot here today.  I watched some tv and finished packing all of my stuff which made my room and apartment look alien and bare L  Packing is the worst just because it reminds you that you’ll be gone within 24 hours L

Later after being lazy and vegging out at home finished of all food that I had bought because I can manage amounts well, I headed back to the café for internet.  I chatted with Madre and enjoyed a hot chocolate J, the last one while I’m here so I enjoyed every bit of it…

We ended our night on the Beach Bar grabbing drinks and soaking up the last of the beach and hot server that does the double kiss on the cheek that makes about all the girls on our trip weak at the knees ahahahhah J  Sam and I chatted for a bit enjoying the scenery and discussing what we would miss most.  I got a pina colada and she got a sangria.  We took a walk along the shore when the sun had set and said our goodbyes to the Spanish waiter (who gave me his card of information….EGO BOOST!) In less than a couple of hours, we will be bound for the airport and onto the 13 plusish hour plain flights home.
 
The breeze in brings back memories of all that I have accomplished in Spain.  The memories, the adventures, and the time I’ve spend here has been amazing.  I couldn’t have asked for a better summer.  Oh summer nights…. àhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoxEsqwJjXM

No comments:

Post a Comment