Monday, June 25, 2012

Spanish Independence


Well after a long night out and morning hahah, I woke up at 1130ish this afternoon.  It felt so good to sleep in.  I grabbed a small breakfast (rice cake) and read a chapter in my book after getting dressed for the beach.  I waited to go out until 130 to grab lunch downtown.  All of the Fugeras had been cleaned up and the streets were their next attempt.  The cleaning crews do pretty good at keeping up after the mess of the city.  I got lunch at a small café (seafood paella that was alright but I burnt my tongue because I was starving at this point)  I then headed to the beach and laid out again today for 45 minutes.  I have to keep my tan somehow before becoming a ghost again in the non-existent Flagstaff sun tanning.  Today, I did get in the water.  It was nice and clear and cool compared to the heat of the day.  After my time, I came back to the apartment, took a much needed shower to wash off the sand, caught some lame TV time, and caught up on my blogs that I had been seriously lacking on.

Later, I made my dinner (shaved chicken sandwich with avocado and spinach, an apple, and green tea.  After my extra packed weekend, it has been nice to just sit back and relax today. 

I took the rest of the day to just stay inside and read, write some notes, and make sure everything was ready for this week…the last week L…*tears* 









At midnight the night turned around from boring and lazy to exotic and crazy!!!!....they have a fireworks display at the end of our beach every night this week and tonight was the first night.  It was slow at first, but quickly picked up the pace and made any Fourth of July or large celebration with fireworks in America look pitiful.  They Spanish definitely know how to go all out and even in their current recession one would never know it because it was a display of pure amazement—so much so that I called my mom to rehash it, watched the video that I’ll upload hopefully sometime soon 3 times, and had goosebumps for the next 5 minutes—for a FULL 20 MINUTES!!!!...Like everything else in Spain it never ceases to amaze me that it gets better and better.  I can’t count the amount of times that I thought it was the finale and it kept going.  My favorite part was the willow fireworks that fall after exploding like someone threw pixie dust and made the city see like it was under a meteor shower.  Sam and I were like giggling girls that were seeing fireworks for the first time (although compared to America, we really were seeing them for the first time…Spain might give Texas a ride for their money for bigger and better)  After that little show, which was loud and quite honestly one will never or would ever want to sleep through it because even the deaf could have probably hear the ear popping noise of the fireworks, my adrenaline level was pumping and I had to clean my mind before falling asleep.  The Spanish have it right…what a great way to end a great month…a week of amazing firework displays J
  
Again the wind was pretty lax.  I kept the fans on all day and cooled next to the water.  It seems to be getting closer to their hotter months which means I am not so much of a fan of the hot, hot temperatures, no wind, and lack of humidity unless you are by the beach at night.  Now, to get a good night’s sleep and wake up bright and early for class tomorrow J

1 comment:

  1. I loved your phone call even if it did set my heart to a fast paced beat until I knew you were just fine. I'm so excited to see the video, but I am sure it is nothing compared to experiencing it in person. I'm glad it is getting hot, hot, hot....so maybe coming home won't seem like such a bad thing (but it is suppose to be 110-115 here), so maybe we should just runaway to some place cool-then again-we all know I'd freeze! Kick bootey on you last presentation and then ENJOY the little time you have left....soak all that is SPAIN! I love you, my little Bug! XO XO XO ....Roni says hurry home because his cousins leave tomorrow and he needs someone to play and nibble on!

    ReplyDelete