Friday, June 8, 2012

Bus to Barcelona


“Rise and Shine Honey Buns” should be the theme song to my morning alarm…another early morning in order to get dressed, eat breakfast, and make it to the bus via tram in time…

The tram ride was short and before we knew it we were loading into the bus for a supposed to be 6 hour drive to a winery…it ended up being a lot longer…after a few stops to stretch our legs and go the bathroom we came to our destination…












Torres winery was beautiful landscapes of red and white grape vines for as far as the eye could see…in the distance there was a town at the tip of the winery lines…we loaded up on a trolley like train and were taken on a tour (I was bummed that we weren’t allowed to walk the tour, but since our group of 50 people would be rather chaotic I can understand their reasoning)…we listened to the announcer give some background information and other tid bits about the winery which has been family run since it started and is now in it’s 5th generation…then we came to our favorite spot tasting the wine…I was please to be given a sample of white wine considering I don’t care much for red and we had the option of requesting other samples for a price that my cheep but didn’t do J…however, I did end up using some gift money J from someone who would appreciate that I used it to buy wine to buy some favors for people I know who like both red and white J (you probably know who you are)….after the tour we got back into the bus for another hourish of riding before we hit Barcelona

Coming into the city was gorgeous…tall buildings with elegant designs and ornate details…Armondo (our guide) told us that the Spaniards like to be flashy on the outside; however, the inside of buildings is rather normal and simple…the carved stone, marble sculptures, and decorative designs fill the city streets…I always find a building that gets prettier than the first…we stopped at the Parque Guell and walked around to see various carved stone work that he had created and the famous lizard that sits at the park entrance…the detailing was spectacular to know that someone had designed it with a chisel in hand and no modern tools…


We then came to view the Sagrada Familia which was huge and beyond words…this building is currently under a political debate because the artist who started the construction died in the midst of creating it and had not made plans on paper he simply chiseled as he went…since then other artists have come and completed parts of the building which has angered people because it ruins the ideal image (I agree…the other artists are trying to hard and the rocks are two diff colors from aging)…however the pieces that are constructed are beautiful and it was the same artists who did the Parque Guell…he introduces nature into each of his pieces and the Sagrada has fruit, trees, and animals hidden in the architecture…we finally made it to our monastery where we are staying…

We scarffed down food because we were starving…we had bread, a cheesy cauliflower mixture,
and sausages with onion…I don’t know if it was good or I was just that hungry…after dinner I took a quick shower and caught up on the facebook world considering I have wifi for longer periods of time for free for the next few days I am taking full advantage…well I should get to bed since I have to be up early in the morning for another full day ahead…hopefully my sore legs feel better and stop screaming at me with every step I take hahah J


The wind will guide us to the Catalunya National Museum of Art and Olympic Village tomorrow as another busy day of Barcelona awaits before us…for now it’s Buenos noches and a little bit of rain to cool off the night J

1 comment:

  1. Barcelona agrees with you.....I love all the unique buildings....especially the last one. I agree...leave it alone being unfinished is part of it special features.....then again, I'm sitting in good 'ole USA while you are out letting the wind blow you all around Spain. Enjoy and cannot wait to see what tomorrow holds. LOVE LOVE and more LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete