Friday, June 8, 2012

Class Dismissed


After a late/early night last night…I woke up early to hit the café and ordered a café con leche and talked to my mom for a bit…little dragging and sleepy I decided that I can sleep later and the day is young…I’m young I’ll make up for sleep later right?! J 

It was so nice to have internet and coffee in hand to start my morning off right and the café was a buzzing place of people chatting and talking about different topics…by the time I got back to the apartment it was time to meet up and catch the tram to Playa San Juan…this is the test of our first tram ride…the difference between the tram and metro is that the tram is above ground and the metro is deep underground…personally I prefer the tram because I know that the tram means I won’t die in a massive rock slide that crushes my lungs and I have to be dug out of the rubble (so optimistic right?!)…When we reached the tram we took the time to find out stop that we would be getting off and the times that it comes back (miss the one you want and you have a good half hour to an hour of waiting for the next one)…as flashes of buildings and various scenes flew by the window our stop arrived and we headed straight for the water…we set our supplies down and walked into the water…

Instant SHIVERS! It was a lot colder than our playa back by our apartment…no matter how far out you went and how submerged your skin was…you had goosebumps…so I choose to walk along the shoreline to dry before sitting down and getting sand stuck to every crevice of my body…after laying out and catching some rays for a good 2 hours we headed back to our apartment by tram…it’s pretty easy to navigate and is a nice zip over to whatever area you want to explore…

I took a shower (so nice to finally be clean) and washed a load of laundry (I love hanging my clothes to dry more than drying them…it may be time consuming but I feel its rather relaxing as well)…I then headed to the supermarket to get some groceries so that I would be stocked when I came home….after a busy weekend, shopping Monday after class would not be my first choice L…I literally walked up and down every isle and spent a good hour making sure I had all that I needed so I wouldn’t go home forgetting something again plus I could scope out yummy food for next time…Spain has better food at their stores than the U.S. It’s fresher, cooler, and more I don’t know how to explain it but I like it a whole heck of a lot more…but it’s also twice in size too hahahah J
 
I came home and packed my bags for the morning and went to bed awaiting the morning 5 hour bus ride to Barcelona

The wind will be blowing us to new lands in the near future…Barcelona and the sites are awaiting my presence and I cannot be more excited…the museums, the art, the new adventures…I’m becoming addicted to traveling (a dangerously bank breaking habit hahaha)

No comments:

Post a Comment